- Select a cause or nonprofit in your area in need of service.
- Rather than simply asking for donations, set up a competition where change is key.
- First, establish teams. Typically, class levels or individual homerooms serve as teams.
- Next, elect student leaders who will be responsible for collecting change. There should be one student leader per team.
- Next, begin the penny wars!
- For each cent donated in the form of coins, 1 point is added to a team total.
- On the other hand, if paper money is given to an opposing team, one point is deducted for each cent.
- Finally, the team with the highest point total at the end of the week wins!